|- Why isn't -x image- for sale as a print? I'd like to buy one.|
- I used to submit every new piece as a print, but since they sold so infrequently, I stopped doing it. However, if you are interested in purchasing something as a print, just click the "Request as Print" link to the right of the picture and I'll get it set up for you, no problem. (Okay, so this question isn't exactly 'frequently asked', but I thought I'd put it here, anyway )
- I know your journal says you're not taking commissions, but is that up to date? Would you make an exception?
- Whatever the little stamp at the bottom of my journal says, goes. I always keep that up to date. And no, if it says commissions are closed, I do not make exceptions to that. The truth is, I do not typically take on commissions at all. I do not mean to sound rude if I turn you down for a commission, but if I say I am not taking them, then I ask that you please accept that. Thank you.
- I am interested in selling your work as PSP tubes, would you be interested?
- I already sell tubes through Creative Design Outlet, so no.
- Can I post your art to my Facebook page/blog/Tumblr?
- Sure, just don't edit the images in any way. That means no color changes, no resizing, and absolutely NO cropping.
- I would like to make wallpapers out of your art to share them on -website-, would you allow that?
- Can I tube -x image-? It will only be for my own use and I promise I'll give you credit.
- NO, absolutely not. I already offer tubes through CDO. If the piece you want to use isn't there, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.
- I would like to enquire about licensing your work for use on my product/s, would you be interested?
- I can't answer that off hand, as it really depends on what the product is, but please note that I will not offer my images for sale in digital form. My work is currently already licensed through:
Creative Design Outlet (Paint Shop Pro tubes)
Heaven and Earth Designs (cross stitch charts)
-Thanks for reading.
I just wanted to let you all know about this book which some of my artwork has been included in, Gothic Art. Go check it out, it's a pretty good book (not just saying that because my stuff's in it it's got lots of great art in it and is an interesting read as well). There's stuff in it from awesome artists like Melanie Delon and Anne Stokes, too. I think it will be in physical bookstores too, although I'm not sure.
I know I've been pretty quiet lately, but I'm still around. As for still painting, well....I do what I absolutely need to do, but it's really hard to get motivated to paint. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, it's been hard for me to get motivated to do just about everything lately. I've been having this problem for nearly two years now, but the last month or so has been especially tough. It feels like it will never end, and I will never feel normal again. I can remember a time when things used to be natural and easy for me, and I used to get excited about things, but now it feels like that was from another lifetime. Now I experience everything through a sort of dull, muddy haze that forces a pretty low ceiling on my emotions.
Sorry for all the gloom, but I just felt the need to explain why my work has sort of...dropped off recently. It makes me feel worse to see how the quality of my work has dropped (I refer mainly to tubes that I have been working on for CDO that I have not posted here, which is mainly all I've been working on lately) but it's just been such a struggle.
Anyway, sorry for being such a downer. I just felt like touching base. Thanks for taking the time to read, and I hope all is well with you.